Infosys bought BASE Life Science, a company based in Denmark, for around 110 million euros (roughly Rs. 875 crore). The acquisition will expand Infosys’ knowledge in the life sciences industry and expand its presence in Europe. This purchase strengthens Infosys‘ broad life sciences expertise, increases our foothold in the Nordics and across Europe, and scales our industry-specific cloud-based digital transformation solutions.
- The transaction is anticipated to be completed in the second quarter of this fiscal year.
- Domain professionals with knowledge of business, medicine, digital marketing, clinical, regulatory, and quality are brought to Infosys by BASE.
- With a heavy emphasis on data and artificial intelligence, it can bridge and combine business logic with technology to produce insights that lead to better health outcomes.
- BASE will further diversify its area of competence into the Consumer Health, Animal Health, MedTech, and Genomics industries in conjunction with Infosys.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Infosys Founder: Narayan Murthy
- Infosys CEO: Salil Parekh