Dr S Somanath, the chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), inaugurated ANANTH Technologies’ spacecraft manufacturing unit at Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) Aerospace Park. The new state-of-the-art spacecraft manufacturing facility can conduct assembly integration and testing of four large spacecraft simultaneously.
This is a first of its kind facility in India, adding that since its establishment in 1992, Ananth Technologies has contributed to the manufacturing of 89 satellites and 69 launch vehicles built/launched by ISRO.
- The 15,000 sqm facility is capable of conducting the assembly, integration and testing of four large spacecraft at the same time, with four separate units present within the facility.
- Over the years, ANANTH Technologies has successfully contributed to major launches of ISRO. Our technology acumen is such that none of the sub-systems supplied by ANANTH Technologies has ever failed in orbit.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- ISRO Founded: 15 August 1969;
- ISRO Headquarters: Bengaluru;
- ISRO Chairman: S Somanath.