Kerala government has launched ‘Knowledge Economy Mission’ to boost job prospects in the state by supporting knowledge workers. The initiative was announced in State Budget on June 4. It was being spearheaded by Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (K-DISC) and they will submit a comprehensive project report before July 15.
Under the project:
- The project will be launched to bring ongoing efforts of providing employment to educated people and support ‘knowledge workers’ under a single programme.
- A plan will be made to provide basic facilities and social security system for knowledge workers who are working close to their homes and interacting with employers.
- For implementation and funding purposes, a ‘knowledge economy fund’ will be created.
- In order to promote skills & strengthen the higher education system and for technological transformation, the knowledge economy fund was hiked from ₹200 crore to ₹300 crores.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Kerala CM: Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.