Larsen & Toubro(L&T) signs agreement with the Indian Army for setting up an advanced IT-enabled system to operate the Armed Forces network under the Network of Spectrum (NFS).
Important points of the Project:
- It creates a centralised network monitoring, management and control system for all the seven layers under NFS which interconnects 414 Defence stations.
- The project involves the creation of a resilient Cloud-based IT infrastructure on Infrastructure as a service (IAAS) model.
- The scope also includes Next-Generation Operations System and Software-based Unified Network Management System, Eight Network Operations Centers (NOCs) consisting of National NOCs, Disaster Recovery NOCs, Regional NOCs, Security Operation Centers, Tier III Data Centres and Training Infrastructure.
- According to L&T, the project will be implemented in 18 months. It is a 3-month warranty and a seven-year maintenance contract.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Headquarters of L&T Technology Services (LTTS): Vadodara, Gujarat.
- CEO of L&T Technology Services (LTTS): Dr Keshab Panda.