Maharashtra State Government has introduced “Maha Parwana” plan to attract fresh investment in industries. This plan will offer incentives and a single-window clearance system.
Important points of “Maha Parwana” plan:
- The companies with investment proposals for Rs.50 crore or more will get relaxation on getting clearances from multiple departments with assurance letters (Maha Parwana).
- These companies should apply at the Maharashtra Industry, Trade and Investment Facilitation Cell (MAITRI), single window system and get online permission within 48 hours.
- The industries enrolled under the Maha Parwana will get the 25 odd statutory permissions and clearances from the other state departments within 30 days. If the clearance is not provided within 30 days it will be automatically deemed as cleared.
- For the existing and new industries, the state government has proposed to provide “plug and play” infrastructure to support the investors and reduce the capital investment.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra: Uddhav Thackeray; Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari.