Mastercard has entered into a partnership with Atlantis to expand the Digital First Program in India. The partnership aims to provide the users of Mastercard, a technology solution that enables them to enjoy a best-in-class digital banking experience. After the launch in India, the partnership will expand to Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand. The partnership allows the users of the Mastercard to have immediate account access and convenient payments.
Digital First Program
- The Digital First Program aims to renew the relationship of users with more meaningful experiences.
- It is operational with prepaid, debit and credit cards and account-based payments through any digital device.
Advantages for Customers
- Users can use their cards/accounts to make digital transactions within minutes of application, enabled by a completely digital online application and the issuance process including video KYC (in collaboration with Signzy).
- Cardholders can use their cards for online shopping or at physical stores, without having to wait to receive a physical card.
- Users can control their own spending and set usage alerts from the mobile app.
- Users have the option to pay anytime, anywhere at the places where Mastercard cards are accepted globally.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Mastercard Headquarters: New York, United States.
- Mastercard President: Michael Miebach.
- Mastercard Chief Executive Officer(CEO): Ajay Banga(Michael Miebach will take over as CEO by January 2021).