The Secretary of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Alkesh Kumar Sharma inaugurated the G20 Cyber Security Exercise and Drill for more than 400 domestic and international participants under India’s G20 presidency.
The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) conducted the Cyber Security Exercise and drill in hybrid mode (Physical and Virtual) where international participants from more than 12 countries joined through online mode while domestic participants from diverse sectors such as Finance, Education, Telecom, Ports & Shipping, Energy, IT/ITeS and others attended in-person as well as in virtual mode.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
MeitY Secretary Inaugurated G20 Cyber Security Exercise and Drill- Key Points
- Alkesh Kumar Sharma highlighted the fact that cyber incidents are increasingly becoming sophisticated & disrupting affecting not only a nation but having a transnational impact and there is an urgent need to work collectively to build joint resilience to counter cyber-attacks.
- The Special Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Sivagami Sundari Nanda in her special address to the audience highlighted the need for the whole government response to counter cyber challenges.
- The event further progressed with conducting of Strategic Tabletop Exercise (TTX) and Operational Drill using the CERT-In Exercise Platform.
- The first Tabletop Exercise catered to Board & Top Management on the theme “Synergy to counter Global Cyber Crisis” focused on Crisis Management & Crisis Communication.
- The second Tabletop Exercise, an Operational Drill was designed for CISO and Mid-management on the theme “Building Collective Cyber Resilience”.
- The scenario for the exercise, which included cyber extortion, data breach, supply chain attacks, and disruptions was derived from real-life cyber incidents, in which domestic-level (limited impact) incidents escalated to a global cyber security crisis.
- The exercise was successful in meeting its objectives and provided insights on enhancing and improving Crisis Management, Crisis Communication, Incident Response, and global coordination & cooperation.
Find More News related to Summits and Conferences