Microsoft officially launched its new Windows operating system ‘Windows 11’. It is being called as the “next generation” of Windows. The release comes nearly six year after the current latest Windows Operating System ‘Windows 10’ was launched in July 2015. Windows 11 is special because it focuses on a new user interface, a new Windows Store, and improvements to performance, including a centre-aligned Taskbar and Start button.
Key features of Windows 11:
- One of the unique features of Windows 11 is that it will support Android apps via Amazon’s app store. It will work better in touch mode as well.
- Windows 11 operating system (OS) will be available as a free upgrade for Windows 10 users in late 2021, as long as the user has a compatible PC that meets the requirements of Microsoft’s new operating system.
- Windows 11 OS will work on PCs having a processor that has two or more cores and a clock speed of 1GHz or higher.
- PCs having Intel’s sixth and seventh-generation processors will not be eligible to use Windows 11.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Microsoft CEO and Chairman: Satya Nadella;
- Microsoft Headquarters: Redmond, Washington, United States.