The Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr Virendra Kumar has unveiled a portal and mobile application named ‘PM-DAKSH’, which aims to make the skill development schemes accessible to the target groups. The ‘PM-DAKSH’ stands for Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana. The portal can be accessed at: http://pmdaksh.dosje.gov.in.
The platform has been developed by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, in collaboration with National E-Governance Division (NeGD), under the Department Of Electronics And Information Technology. The training programs will be implemented through Government Training Institutes, Sector Skill Councils constituted by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and other credible institutions.
Features of PM DAKSH:
- Through PM DAKSH, youths of the target groups can get information about skill development training happening near them and can easily register to avail the benefits of skill development training programmes more easily.
- The training programmes will be provided for the following:
- Short Term Training Programme
- Long Term Training Programme
- Entrepreneurship Development Program (EDP).
- The target group comprise of Scheduled Castes, Backward Classes and Safai Karamcharis.