The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) signs an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with the Indian Space Research Organisation with the goal of upskilling the technical workforce at the Department of Space of ISRO. Shri Rajesh Aggarwal, Secretary MSDE, and Shri S. Somanath, Secretary Department of Space/ Chairman ISRO, signed the MoU.
- The initiative aims to establish a formal framework for short-term courses to provide training for the skill development and capacity building of ISRO technical professionals in the space domain in the country, in accordance with industry requirements. Over the next five years, more than 4000 ISRO technical professionals will be taught in the programme.
- The training will take place at MSDE’s National Skill Training Institutes (NSTIs) throughout India.
- The training program’s goal is to improve the abilities of diverse technical professionals in ISRO centres and units under the Department of Space (DOS).
- The programme will provide training in certain disciplines to enhance employees’ skill sets in accordance with the latest industry trends and requirements, with the support of MSDE and its state-of-the-art training institutes around the country.
- Under the terms of the MoU, ISRO will collaborate with MSDE and the accompanying NSTI to develop a thorough training calendar, curriculum, and syllabus to meet the program’s larger goals. The trainees will receive trainee kits from ISRO.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Minister of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship: Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey
- Secretary Department of Space/ Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman: Shri S. Somanath