The Haryana Agriculture Minister J P Dalal launched the portal of Mukha Mantri Bagwani Bima Yojana’ with an initial corpus of Rs 10 crore for the scheme. Under this the farmers will be compensated for the damage caused to their crops due to adverse weather and natural calamities.
About the scheme:
- The scheme compensates a sum of Rs 30,000 per acre for vegetables and Spices and Rs 40,000 per acre for fruits, which will be compensated to the farmers upon claim via four categories such as 25 per cent, 50 per cent, 75 per cent and 100 per cent based on the survey.
- The farmer’s contribution will be only 5 per cent of the insured amount i.e., Rs 750 per acre for vegetables and Spices and Rs 1000 per acre for fruits.
- The Scheme covers 21 crops – 14 vegetables, 2 spices, and 5 fruits. The scheme will be optional for all those farmers who will get registered under ‘Meri Fasal Mera Byora’ (a web portal through which the problems of the farmers of the state will be resolved).
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Haryana Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya;
- Haryana Capital: Chandigarh;
- Haryana Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar.