Nagaland is prepared to host the first bird documentation event – ‘Tokhü Emong Bird Count’ (TEBC) from 4th November to 7th November 2022. ‘Tokhü Emong Bird Count’ is an effort to promote and encourage the conservation of birds in their natural habitat.
Nagaland organized Tokhu Emong Bird Count- Key Points
- ‘Tokhü Emong Bird Count’ is being organized in collaboration with the Wokha Forest Division and the Divisional Management Unit, Nagaland Forest Management Project (NFMP), Wokha, and Bird Count India.
- A public birding event will be conducted and the comprehensive details of birds would be deliberated to generate awareness among the students on bird conservation.
- A birdwalk through woodland is also feasible during the event.
- This will prove as a great opportunity to get kids connected to birds and nature.
- Bird lovers outside Nagaland who wish to be part of this event can follow the official guidelines.
- Counts will be more productive early in the morning, with birds generally becoming quiet and inactive during the middle of the day.
- The event has been dubbed after Tokhü Emong, a post-harvest festival of the Lotha Nagas.
- Tokhü Emong is a festival of thanksgiving, sharing, and reconciliation. The most beautiful aspect of this festival is to forgive the past rancours and develop new ties and bonds of closer intimacy.