Namdev Shirgaonkar of Maharashtra was re-elected unopposed as the President of India Taekwondo in elections for the executive committee. Shirgaonkar, who holds a black belt in Taekwondo is also secretary-general of Maharashtra Olympic Association (MOA), voiced his approval of being elected unopposed as chief of India Taekwondo.
Kiarash Bahri (Coordinator – World Taekwondo) as well as (Observer – Asian Taekwondo Union – ATU) and Wanyong Lee (2nd Observer – Asian Taekwondo Union – ATU) and Prashant Desai (Observer – Paralympic Committee of India – PCI) played their role in the smooth conduct of the elections.
India will be featured in the upcoming Senior World Taekwondo Championship 2023 to be held in Baku, Azerbaijan from May 25 to June 5.
Executive Committee of India Taekwondo:
- President: Namdev Shirgaonkar (MAHA)
- Sr. Vice-President: Veena Arora (PUN)
- Vice-President: P. Socrates )TN)
- Secretary General: Amit Dhamal (MAHA)
- Treasurer: Rajat Aditya Dikshit (UP)
- Executive Committee Members: Gitika Talukdar (Assam); Vikas Kumar Verma (GUJ).
You may also know: