Women’s empowerment is crucial for building a strong and developed nation, especially when women thrive economically, contributing to rural prosperity. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s initiative, NAMO Drone Didi, announced on November 30, aims to empower 15,000 women Self Help Groups (SHGs) by providing drones for agricultural purposes. This innovative approach harnesses technology to empower rural women, positioning them at the forefront of the agricultural revolution.
Revolutionizing Agriculture through Technology
- NAMO Drone Didi addresses the need for modernizing agricultural practices and boosting productivity.
- By placing cutting-edge drone technology in the hands of rural women, the scheme transforms them into key players in the rural economy.
- This initiative also opens doors for young start-ups to explore the untapped potential of drone aeronautics.
Meeting the Challenges in Fertilizer Sector
- India, despite being the second-largest fertilizer producer, heavily depends on imports due to limited natural resources.
- The Atmanirbhar Bharat scheme focuses on reviving closed-down units and establishing new ones, ensuring stable fertilizer prices for farmers.
- Facing challenges from the Covid-19 pandemic and global geopolitical tensions, the government encourages indigenous research, resulting in groundbreaking liquid nano fertilizers.
Drone Technology: A Solution for Efficient Fertigation
- The emergence of Kisan Drones revolutionizes agricultural practices by automating the spraying of pesticides and liquid fertilizers. This not only saves time but also provides a safer and more efficient application system.
- The NAMO Drone Didi scheme not only empowers rural women but also creates employment opportunities for the youth in drone manufacturing, piloting, mechanics, and spare-part dealerships.
Promoting Equity and Efficiency Through Drone Technology
- It also promotes equity and strength in agrarian family culture, with women drone pilots playing a vital role in enhancing agricultural productivity and efficiency.
- Application of pesticides and liquid fertilizers through drones saves farmers from physical toil, providing a quicker, more efficient method and allowing more time for productive agricultural work.
Important Questions Related to Exams
Q: What is the NAMO Drone Didi initiative?
Answer: The NAMO Drone Didi initiative is a scheme announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to provide drones to 15,000 women Self Help Groups (SHGs) for renting to farmers for agricultural purposes.
Q: Why is the development of liquid nano fertilizers significant in India?
Answer: India, despite being the second-largest fertilizer producer, heavily relies on imports. The development of liquid nano fertilizers helps reduce dependence on imports and ensures stable fertilizer prices for farmers.
Q. How does the NAMO Drone Didi scheme contribute to the agricultural revolution?
Answer: The NAMO Drone Didi scheme, supported by Pradhan Mantri Krishi Samriddhi Kendras, is expected to be a harbinger of a modern-day agricultural revolution by placing rural women at the center of economic activity and prosperity.