The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) is set to organize a National Conference on skilling in Non-traditional Livelihood (NTL) for girls. The program is named “Betiyan Bane Kushal“, under the banner of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao on the occasion of the International Day of the Girl Child on 11th October 2022.
Key Points related to the Betiyan Bane Kushal campaign
- The conference will emphasize convergence between ministries and departments to ensure that girls build their skills in a diverse set of platforms.
- The set of professions includes science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- The event will witness the signing of MoUs with the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and the Ministry of Minority Affairs for the Skilling of young girls.
- The project aims to increase equality and empower the girl child.
- BBBP Operational Manual for the guidance of State/Districts for the implementation of the scheme consequent to the changes made as per Mission Shakti guidelines will also be launched on the occasion.