The Cement Manufacturers’ Association (CMA), the apex body of India’s large cement manufacturers, unanimously elected Neeraj Akhoury, managing director of Shree Cement, as President and Parth Jindal, managing director of JSW Cement as vice president. This election occurred at its Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) held on 14th July 2023. Akhoury takes over from K C Jhanwar, Managing Director of UltraTech Cement Limited. Members unanimously endorsed the election of the president and vice president of CMA expressing full confidence in the newly elected leadership team.
Akhoury brings over 30 years of rich experience in the steel and cement industries and has worked in various leadership roles in India and other emerging markets. Jindal is the youngest elected vice president in the association’s almost six-decade history and is expected to bring in new energy and perspective to address key challenges of the Indian cement industry. He will also infuse new ideas to support the decarbonisation agenda and digital transformation of the Indian cement sector.
About the Cement Manufacturers’ Association (CMA)
The CMA works to achieve its objectives through a variety of activities, including:
- Policy research and analysis: The CMA undertakes policy research and analysis to identify and address the challenges facing the Indian cement industry.
- Government relations: The CMA engages with the government to represent the interests of the Indian cement industry and to influence policy decisions.
- Industry standards: The CMA develops and promotes industry standards for cement and cement products.
- Training and education: The CMA provides training and education programs to its members and to the wider cement industry.
- Research and development: The CMA supports research and development activities to improve the efficiency and sustainability of the Indian cement industry.
The CMA is a member of the World Cement Association and the Asia Cement Federation. It also has close working relationships with other industry associations and government bodies.