New IIFT campus inaugurated: Nirmala Sitharaman, the nation’s finance minister, officially opened the third campus of the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) at the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) -K campus in Kakinada. She outlined the significance of the IIFT campus for the development of the country. She stressed the value of IIFT in terms of research and policy development for the growth of the Ministry of Commerce.
New IIFT campus inaugurated by Nirmala Sitharaman: Key Points
- For the construction of the IIFT permanent campus, the state government has allocated 25 acres of land at U. Kothapalli Mandal, which is close to the sea coast in the Kakinada Special Economic Zone (KSEZ).
- The Ministry of Commerce and Industry received a proposal from the IIFT authorities for a grant of Rs. 229 crore, and the sanction order is anxiously anticipated.
- There were representatives from the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs Piyush Goyal (the Union minister), MPs, Ministers, MLAs, and other government bodies.
Important Takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Union Finance Mininster, GoI: Nirmala Sitharaman
- Minister of Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs: Piyush Goyal