National Institute for Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development (NIESBUD) and Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for developing entrepreneurial skills among the youth and identifying other aspects for mutual collaboration. The alliance will further enhance employment generation and create sustainable livelihood opportunities, giving a major boost to nano and micro-entrepreneurship advancement in the country.
Under the partnership:
- Both the entities will collaborate to organise training programmes, develop course curriculum, undertake cluster development activities, organise workshops and extend incubation support, provide industry linkages, assist trainees in linking up with suitable wage employment, etc.
- HUL is also contributing INR 63,00,000 to NIESBUD to support the Skill Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion (SANKALP) Project, which aims at strengthening the entrepreneurship ecosystem, and bringing in better market connectivity and inclusion of marginalised sections of society.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Hindustan Unilever Limited CEO: Sanjiv Mehta (10 Oct 2013–);
- Hindustan Unilever Limited Headquarters: Mumbai;
- Hindustan Unilever Limited Established: 17 October 1933.