The NITI Aayog has planned to establish 1000 Atal Tinkering Laboratories in Jammu and Kashmir. Out of 1000 Atal Tinkering Laboratories, 187 will be established by the end of the financial year 2021-22. Out of 187 ATLs, 31 are being established across government schools of J&k while 50 will be established in several educational institutions like KVs, JNVs, and Private schools.
About the Atal Tinkering Labs:
Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) is a sub-mission under the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) of the Central Government in India. It is the flagship initiative of AIM, that seeks to nurture an innovative mindset amongst high school students across India.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- NITI Aayog Formed: 1 January 2015;
- NITI Aayog Headquarters: New Delhi;
- NITI Aayog Chairperson: Narendra Modi;
- NITI Aayog Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar;
- NITI Aayog CEO: Amitabh Kant.