NITI Aayog, under the leadership of CEO BVR Subrahmanyam, is spearheading an ambitious initiative to drive economic transformation in four key cities – Mumbai, Surat, Varanasi, and Vizag. This initiative aims to propel India towards becoming a developed economy by 2047.
Economic Planning for Key Cities
- NITI Aayog has developed comprehensive economic plans for Mumbai, Surat, Varanasi, and Vizag, focusing on their economic transformation.
- These plans mark a departure from traditional urban planning, emphasizing economic growth as a crucial aspect of city development.
Vision for India’s Economic Future
- A vision document is underway, aiming for India to achieve a developed economy status with a GDP of USD 30 trillion by 2047.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will unveil this vision document, outlining the path towards economic prosperity.
Youth Engagement and AI Integration
- NITI Aayog has actively sought input from the youth of India, receiving over 10 lakh detailed suggestions.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is being utilized to process these suggestions, ensuring comprehensive analysis and integration into the economic planning framework.
Consolidation of Sectoral Visions
- NITI Aayog has been tasked with consolidating sectoral thematic visions into a unified plan for Viksit Bharat @2047.
- This plan encompasses multifaceted development goals, including economic growth, social progress, environmental sustainability, and effective governance.