The SCR has introduced the “One Station, One Product” campaign at six main stations across its six divisions. Arun Kumar Jain, SCR in-charge General Manager, has opened stalls at Secunderabad Station as part of the new initiative.
- In addition to Vijayawada, Guntur, and Aurangabad, stalls have been set up in Kacheguda.
- The new programme was introduced by the government in the General Budget 2022-23 and is currently being tested in Tirupati.
- The Railway stations are ideal for promoting indigenous and local products, and the programme aims to turn them into a sales and promotional centre.
- The stalls will be open for two phases, starting on the 7th of next month and ending on the 7th of the following month.
- In Telangana, freshwater pearl jewellery and Hyderabad bangles will be promoted at Secunderabad stations, while Pochampally items will be promoted at Kachiguda stations.