Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has announced a monthly pension of Rs 10,000 for the Padma awardees from the state. Besides the monthly pension, the chief minister has also announced a free travel facility in the ‘Volvo bus’ service of the state government for Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan awardees from Haryana. The government has formulated various welfare policies to make life easier for the people of the state.
Other important news:
- The chief minister said that the state government is giving the benefit of health insurance up to ₹ 5 lakh to families with an annual income of up to ₹ 1.80 lakh. The government is also considering including the families in this scheme whose annual income is also between ₹ 1.80 lakh and ₹ 3 lakh by taking some premium amount to give them a benefit of up to ₹ 5 lakh.
- Mr Khattar said after the implementation of the family ID card scheme — Parivar Pehchan Patra — 12.5 lakh new Below Poverty Line (BPL) ration cards have been made in the state. People have appreciated the merit-based job system started by the present government and it has brought transparency against the ‘parchi-kharchi’ (favouritism-bribe) system which prevailed earlier.
Important Takeaways for All Competitive Exams:
- Haryana Capital: Chandigarh;
- Haryana Governor: Bandaru Dattatreya;
- Haryana Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar.