A unique Plastic Premier League (PPL) tournament is being played in Indore, Madhya Pradesh to free the city from single-use plastic. Indore is known for its innovative efforts regarding cleanliness. Indore has been awarded as the cleanest city in the country four times so far.
About the tournament:
- Four teams have been formed for the Plastic Premier League competition.
- The 19 zones of Indore Municipal Corporation are divided into these four teams.
- For the competition, the team captain Radio Jockey will encourage citizens to donate more and more plastic from their radio station.
- These teams have been provided by municipal workers and five vehicles to collect plastic.
- The team that collects the most single-use plastics in this 45-day competition will be awarded the PPL Trophy.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Madhya Pradesh Capital: Bhopal.
- Madhya Pradesh Governor: Anandiben Patel(additional charge).
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan.