PM Jan Aushadhi Kendra inaugurated at Warasiguda
Union Tourism Minister G Kishan Reddy inaugurated a PM Jan Aushadhi Kendra at Warasiguda in Secunderabad. During the inauguration, Mr Reddy highlighted the importance of these Jan Aushadhi Kendras in providing affordable healthcare and generating self-employment opportunities for youth. He explained that the Pradhan Mantri Bharatiya Janaushadhi scheme was launched with the aim of making quality generic medicines accessible to the common man at low cost.
PM Jan Aushadhi Kendra inaugurated at Warasiguda: Key Points
- Mr Reddy emphasized that medicines sold at Janausadhi Kendras are available at significantly lower prices, ranging from 50 to 90 percent less than what can be found in regular medical shops.
- Despite the low prices, he assured that there is no compromise on the quality of medicines being offered at these centers.
- The Union Minister’s comments suggest that the government is committed to ensuring that everyone has access to medicine and healthcare services that are both affordable and of high quality.
About PM Jan Aushadhi Kendra Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra (PMJAK) is a scheme launched by the Government of India to provide affordable and quality generic medicines to the general public.
- Under this scheme, the government sets up Jan Aushadhi Kendras, which are stores that sell generic medicines at much lower prices than branded medicines.
- These stores are run by individuals, self-help groups, NGOs, or private institutions that are registered under the PMJAK scheme.
- The medicines sold in these stores are approved by the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) and are of the same quality as branded medicines.
- The main objective of this scheme is to reduce the out-of-pocket expenditure on medicines for the common man and to promote the use of generic medicines.
- The scheme not only benefits the patients but also provides a business opportunity for those who wish to set up a Jan Aushadhi Kendra.
In addition to generic medicines, some Jan Aushadhi Kendras also sell surgical items, medical devices, and other healthcare products at affordable prices.
- Project Cheetah: An Overview
- Project-SMART for Station Area Development
- Kisan Credit Card Scheme: Benefits, Eligibility, and Features