6th Vande Bharat train:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off India’s sixth Vande Bharat Express between Bilaspur (Chattisgarh)-Nagpur (Maharashtra) route. This is the second Vande Bharat express in the state after the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Vande Bharat express. He inaugurated the ‘Nagpur Metro Phase I’, and laid the foundation stone of ‘Nagpur Metro phase- II’ at Khapri Metro Station. The Phase I has been developed at a cost of Rs 8650 crore while the Phase II will be developed at a cost of more than Rs 6700 crore.
Apart from this:
- He inaugurated the Hindu Hrudaysamrat Balasaheb Thackeray Maharashtra Samruddhi Mahamarg connecting Nagpur and Shirdi. Built at a cost of ₹55,000 crore, it is one of the longest expressways in the country that passes through 10 Maharashtra districts, including Amravati, Aurangabad and Nashik.
- He also inaugurated Rail projects worth ₹15,000 crore, AIIMS Nagpur, Nagpur and Nag river pollution abatement project, Centre for Research, Management and Control of Hemoglobinopathies, Chandrapur, Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering and Technology (CIPET), Chandrapur.
Interesting facts about Vande Bharat:
- Vande Bharat is an indigenous semi-high speed train developed by Indian Railways.
- Government proposes to run 75 Vande Bharat express trains in the country by 15 August 2023.
- The Vande Bharat Express can run up to a maximum speed of 160 kmph and has travel classes like Shatabdi Train but with better facilities. It aims to provide a totally new travel experience to passengers.
- The Vande Bharat Express train has an intelligent braking system that enables better acceleration and deceleration.
- All coaches are equipped with automatic doors; GPS-based audio-visual passenger information system, on-board hotspot Wi-Fi for entertainment purposes, and comfortable seating. The executive class also has rotating chairs.