PM Modi during his visit in Rajasthan launched a new type of Urea called “Urea Gold” which is coated with sulphur that can help improve the soil quality and reduce the expenses of the farmers.
What’s in News?
PM Modi during his visit in Sikar , Rajasthan states that the government will not allow the farmers to suffer due to the prices of Urea, farmers in India will get a sack of urea of Rs.226, it is available for about Rs.800 in Pakistan, for Rs.720 in Bangladesh and Rs.2100 in China.
Urea Gold is a new variety of Urea that is coated with sulphur, which is expected to address sulphur deficiencies in the soil. Urea Gold which is considered as “innovative fertilizer” is more economical and efficient than neem-coated urea. Urea Gold will ensure improved nitrogen use efficiency, reduced consumption and enhanced crop quality.
Benefits of Urea Gold
- The use of Urea Gold in place of other fertilizers will address sulphur deficiencies in the soil.
- Urea Gold fertilizers is more economical and efficient than neem-coated urea.
- It improves efficiency of nitrogen use in plants.
- It reduces the consumption of fertilizers and enhances crop quality.
- It will save input costs for the farmers and also raise income for the farmers with enhanced production and productivity.
How Urea Gold is better than other fertilizers?
- Sulphur coated urea facilitates a gradual release of nitrogen, thereby enhancing its availability and uptake by crops.
- The inclusion of humid acid in Urea Gold further increases its lifespan as a fertilizer.
- This product not only substitutes traditional urea consumption but also reduces overall fertilizer usage.
- According to the report, 15kg of Urea Gold provides comparable benefits to 20kg of conventional urea, making it a more efficient and effective choice for farmers.
Other Pro-Farmer projects launched in Rajasthan
PM Modi also released the 14th instalment of PM-KISAN Scheme and inaugurated a slew of projects in the poll-bound state. He also launched the onboarded 1,500 FPOs on Open Network for Digital Communication (ONDC). PM Modi also dedicated 1.25 lakh PM Kisan Samriddhi Kendras (PMKSKs). PMKSKs are being developed to provide a one-stop solution for all farmers’ needs from information on agri-inputs to testing facilities for soil, seeds and fertilizers and to information regarding various government schemes.