The President of India Droupadi Murmu has awarded the RPF/RPSF personnel with Jeevan Raksha Padak awards to Jaipal Singh, Head Constable/ Northern Railway, Surendra Kumar, Constable/Northern Railway, and Bhuda Ram Saini, Constable/7th BN/RPSF.
President of India Awarded RPF/RPSF Personnel with Jeevan Raksha Padak Awards- Key Points
- On 12.05.2022, in the jurisdiction of Nizamuddin Railway Station between Rly. Km 1532/13 to 1532/25, at about 16:10 hrs BTPN wagon no. 40121185538 caught fire due to technical reasons.
- During that time about 1000 (one thousand) persons were working at the site. An atmosphere of fear was created after seeing the fire taking a dreadful form.
- To save their lives, the workers started running here and there in a fit of desperation. Head Constable Jaipal Singh, Constable Surendra Kumar, and Constable Buddha Saini were posted on duty.
- Without caring for their own life, they extinguished the fire taking the dreadful form of a BTPN wagon full of highly inflammable material (Naphtha) with the help of a fire extinguisher.
- Fire would have spread to a total of 18 BTPN wagons filled with a highly inflammable substance (Naphtha), causing a major accident, threatening the lives of thousands of people, and causing damage to railway property worth billions of rupees.
- Mr. Jaipal Singh, Mr. Surendra Kumar, and Mr. Budhram Saini have saved about 1000 human lives and railway property worth billions by risking their lives, which is commendable work.
Jeevan Raksha Padak Awards
|Jeevan Raksha Padak||Jaipal Singh,
|Head Constable/ Northern Railway
|Jeevan Raksha Padak||Surendra Kumar,
|Jeevan Raksha Padak||Bhuda Ram Saini,