India’s President Shri Ram Nath Kovind addressed the 51st Conference of Governors and Lieutenant Governors at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi. It is the fourth conference to be presided over by President Ram Nath Kovind. The Governors and Lieutenant Governors from all states and union territories across the country attended the conference along with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu, and Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
In the inaugural address:
- President Ram Nath Kovind said India undertook a comprehensive and effective campaign against Covid-19. He lauded covid warriors for their work. The President said, all our COVID19 warriors have worked dedicatedly to fight this pandemic.
- He said, today with more than 108 crore COVID19 vaccinations, the inoculation drive is continuing across the country.
- Mr Kovind said, due to the initiatives of the Government and the efforts of Scientists India was able to develop vaccines to fight the pandemic. He said India is helping other countries under the Vaccine Matri initiative.
Some facts about the conference:
- The previous conference was held in 2019.
- The conference of governors is being held since India’s Independence.
- The first conference of governors was held in 1949 at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- It was presided over by C Rajagopalachari, the last Governor-General of India.
Find More Summits and Conferences Here