Punjab Cabinet approved the recruitment of 8,400 candidates in Punjab Police in four years including 1,200 sub-inspector and 7,200 constables. The Punjab Cabinet is led by the Chief Minister of Punjab Bhagwant Mann.
The decision to recruit 8,400 Punjab Police in four years was approved after the Cabinet meeting by Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann. The government has decided to recruit youth to the posts of constables and sub-inspectors in the Punjab Police department every year.
Key Points of the Punjab Cabinet for the recruitment of 8,400 cops
- The Punjab cabinet has approved the recruitment of 1800 constables, and 300 sub-inspector every year.
- This decision came after recognizing the scarcity of employees.
- Around 2.05 Lakh candidates are expected to apply for the required posts and 2,100 posts will be created every year.
- The candidates will be given ample time to be involved in their academics and improve their physique for clearing the tests.
- The Punjab cabinet aims to channelize the energy of youth in a positive direction.
- The fixed schedule for the advertisement, conduct, and declaration of results for exams, will be adopted soon.
- As per schedule, the advertisement for the exam will be issued in January.
- The written exams will be conducted in the month of May-June and physical tests will be held in September, and the results will be announced in November every year.
- The Cabinet has also approved the recruitment for the 710 vacant posts of patwaris in the revenue department.
The Punjab Cabinet also approved the department of Higher education and languages to hire 203 employees for NCC HQs units and centers. This will help in addressing the issue of shortage of manpower in National Cadet Corps (NCC) units. This will also facilitate the enrolment of a higher number of candidates further.