The Punjab government has signed an agreement with the Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar, in the area of skill development.
Boost your Banking Awareness Knowledge with Adda247 Live Batch: TARGET GA BATCH | Banking Awareness Batch for SBI, RRB, RBI and IBPS Exams
Important highlights of the agreement:
- The agreement provides IIT’s technical education department to become an academic mentor for the state’s engineering colleges at Gurdaspur and Ferozepur, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Skill Institute at Chamkaur Sahib, five government polytechnics and 10 government ITIs.
- The institute will help the state in developing a model ITI and a model polytechnic. The IIT to help the state in the manufacture of small devices for controlling water wastage in irrigation.
- Punjab Government helps to resolve the IIT’s land acquisition-related issues, while urging the institute to develop its campus as a green campus, with extensive landscaping and afforestation.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Punjab Capital: Chandigarh.
- Chief Minister of Punjab: Amarinder Singh.
- Governor of Punjab: VP Singh Bandnore.
- IIT Ropar Director: SK Das.
Find More News Related to Agreements