This year, Pushkar Fair is being hosted by Rajasthan from 1st November to 9th November 2022. Pushkar Fair is also known as Pushkar Camel Fair, Kartik Mela, or Kartik ka Mela. The Pushkar Fair will be held without the popular cattle fair due to the spread of lumpy skin disease in livestock.
Rajasthan to Host Iconic 8-Day Long Pushkar Fair- Key Points
- Every year, the cattle fair used to be the highlight of the fair. Farmers from all across the state gather at this fair to trade livestock such as cattle, camels, and horses.
- This period is also an important season for pilgrimage to the holy Pushkar Lake. Pilgrims from all over the country travel to Pushkar for this pilgrimage.
- This year, the state tourism department has invited tourists from all over the world for the fair under the aegis of Pushkar Chalo Abhiyan.
- Several cultural events and competitions will take place during the Pushkar fair festivities.
- The camel race is also one of the major highlights of the Pushkar festival 2022.