Rajya Sabha’s productivity during winter session 102%: On Friday, the final day of the winter session, the Rajya Sabha was adjourned sine die, with a productivity score of 102%. Jagdeep Dhankhar, the chairman of the Rajya Sabha, claims that in 13 sittings, functional time was 64 hours and 50 minutes as opposed to the entire allocated time of 63 hours and 26 minutes, and productivity was 102%.
Rajya Sabha’s productivity during winter session 102%: Key Points
- 1,920 unstarred questions were answered in the 13 sittings, while 82 starred questions were resolved.
- After 28 hours of debate in which 160 members participated, nine bills were ultimately passed or returned during the session.
- Although the term “House of Elders” is not listed in the official lexicon, Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar had noted in my opening address on December 7 that it adequately captured the significance of this institution.
- The House of Elders, Rajya Sabha is expected by the nation to take a decisive, leading role in reinforcing and advancing the fundamental principles of the Republic
- Rajya Sabha is also expected to be establishing the traditions of Parliamentary democracy that best represent the highest standards of deliberation and imitation, according to Jagdeep Dhankhar.
Rajya Sabha: Important Takeaways
- Vice President and Chairman of Rajya Sabha: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Rajya Sabha Founded on: 3 April, 1952