Rehan Ahmed becomes England’s youngest-ever Test Cricketer to debut in the final match between Pakistan and England. Rehan Ahmed will be 18 years and 126 days old when the match begins. Till now, Brian Close, who was 18 years and 149 days old, was the youngest player in England during the New Zealand vs England match in 1949.
Rehan Ahmed Becomes England’s youngest Cricketer to Debut in Test Cricket- Key Points
- Ben Stokes announced the debut of Rehan Ahmed in the Final match of England vs Pakistan.
- Rehan Ahmed beats Brian Close for being the youngest cricketer to debut for England in Test Cricket.
- Rehan Ahmed is 18 years and 126 days old.
- Stokes also announced two changes from the second test in Multan, which England won by 26 runs.
- Rehan Ahmed will replace spinner Will Jacks while wicketkeeper Ben Foakes comes in for James Anderson.
- England is on their first Test tour of Pakistan since 2005.
- Rehan Ahmed has played three first-class games and according to Ben Stokes, he is a wrist spinner who is a high point for England.
About Rehan Ahmed
Rehan Ahmed was born on 13th August 2004. He made his international debut on 17th December 2022. He became the youngest cricket player to debut in Test cricket for England. Rehan Ahmed’s father Naeem Ahmed was a former cricketer who was born in Pakistan. Rehan Ahmed made his List A debut on 25th July 2021 for Leicestershire in the 2021 Royal London One-Day Cup.