Sanchar Saathi portal launched by Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw
The Union Minister for Communications, Ashwini Vaishnaw, launched the Sanchar Saathi Portal during a function held in New Delhi. This citizen-centric portal aims to empower mobile phone users by providing essential services, such as tracking and blocking lost mobile phones.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Sanchar Saathi portal: Key Points
- The Department of Telecommunications has developed this initiative, which also allows citizens to control the connections associated with their names.
- The portal includes three essential modules to boost security and minimize fraudulent activities.
- During the launch, the Union Minister explained how the Central Equipment Identity Register aims to block lost or stolen mobiles, while the Know your Mobile Connections section facilitates easy disconnection of unnecessary connections.
- Additionally, he discussed the third module, an Artificial Intelligence and Facial Recognition solution designed to identify fraudulent subscribers.
- He highlighted that the portal has successfully detected over 40 Lakh fraudulent connections and disconnected more than 36 Lakh connections.
The Union Minister further emphasized how several reforms have positively impacted the telecommunications sector. The industry is now more robust and investment-oriented due to these transformations. The Secretary in the Department of Telecommunications, K Rajaraman, was also present during the event.
Also Read: SWAMIH Investment Fund: Reviving Stalled Real Estate Projects for Homebuyers
Find More News Related to Schemes & Committees