The Ministry of Culture takes a momentous stride towards cultural enrichment with the inauguration of the Regional Centre of Sangeet Natak Akademi in Hyderabad, known as the Dakshin Bharat Sanskritik Kendra. This initiative aims to foster the diverse cultural heritage of South India.
Inauguration and Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony
- Former Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu, will grace the inauguration and the foundation stone laying ceremony for the esteemed Bharat Kala Mandapam auditorium, dedicated to the legendary Ghantasala Venkateswara Rao.
Promotion of Cultural Diversity
- The Dakshin Bharat Sanskritik Kendra, envisioned as a premier cultural space, will serve as a hub for the promotion and preservation of various art forms including music, folk and tribal arts, theater, and puppetry.
- It will be a beacon for the advancement of South India’s rich artistic legacy.
Union Minister G Kishan Reddy’s Vision
- Union Minister G Kishan Reddy expresses pride in the center’s establishment, emphasizing its role in strengthening South India’s intangible cultural heritage.
- This initiative aligns with the government’s commitment to safeguarding and propagating India’s diverse cultural tapestry.
Honoring Cultural Icons
- The initiative also commemorates the 100th birth anniversary of Ghantasala Venkateswara Rao, a stalwart in both music and the freedom movement.
- The proposed Bharat Kala Mandapam auditorium stands as a testament to his enduring legacy and devotion to art.
Felicitation of Padma Awardees
- As part of the event, the Ministry of Culture will felicitate recent Padma awardees from the Telugu states. This includes Padma Vibhushan and Padma Shri awardees, who will be honored in the presence of Union Minister G Kishan Reddy.
- This gesture acknowledges their exceptional contributions to various fields and adds to the cultural significance of the occasion.