Secretary of Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) V. Srinivas launched the 3rd edition of the National e-Governance Service Delivery Assessment (NeSDA) Portal to show the performance of States, UT’s and selected Central Ministries in delivering e-Governance services to citizens.
- NeSDA is a web based portal that enables the online submission and analysis of data of various states, UT’s and selected Central Ministries involves in providing –Governance facilities to citizens.
- The portal provides access to reports, dashboard and visualisation of the data collected.
- NeSDA Portal has been launched by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG).
- DARPG conducts the study of NeSDA Portal after every two years.
- NeSDA Portal’s 1st edition launched in 2019.
- The study helps the government to identify the gaps and challenges in delivering e-Governance services.
NeSDA 2019 and NeSDA 2021:
- Two editions of NeSDA launched in the year 2019 and 2021 have revealed a remarkable increase in e-Governance services across the country.
- The summary of the improvement in the e-Governance services landscaped presented by DARPG:
- Increase in e-service delivery.
- Rise in use of integrated and centralised portal for delivery of e-services.
- Improvement across assessment parameters scores.
- In NeSDA 2021, 1400 services were assessed across all the states, UT’s as compared to 872 in 2019 which brings an increase of more than 60%.
- According to the survey conducted of nation-wide citizens, 74% of respondents are satisfied with the e-services.
- The e-services of finance, local government and utility sector were the most widely used by citizens.
- This year, DARPG launched the 3rd edition of NeSDA Portale. National e-Governance Service Delivery Assessment Portal (NeSDA) 2023.
- The NeSDA 2023 is a comprehensive tool to measure progress of government in delivering e-services to citizens.
Dimensions of NeSDA 2023:
NeSDA 2023 has three main dimensions:
- Portal Coverage:
- This dimension involves the evaluation of official portal of the states, UT and central ministries that are providing e-Governance services.
- It is for the first time that NeSDA 2023 will include the assessment of the city portals as they are becoming more important for urban residents who need local public services.
- Focus Sectors and Mandatory Service Coverage:
- This dimension covers the online services provided in nine sectors namely finance, labour employment, education, local governance utility service, social welfare, tourism, transport and public grievances.
- NeSDA 2023 will add two new sectore. tourism and public grievances.
- The framework will assess 59 mandatory services for states and UTs and 37 for central ministries.
- Assessment Parameters:
- NeSDA framework will include three new parameters to reflect the latest trend in digital government that are: Open Government Data, E-Participation and Leveraging Emerging Technologies.