Ms Suman Sharma, 1990 batch, has taken the oath of Office and Secrecy as a Member of Union Public Service Commission and the oath was administered by the Chairman of UPSC, Dr. Manoj Soni. Ms. Suman Sharma has served as an officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax), and has had an illustrious career of more than 30 years, has held several important positions and has been closely involved with the subject matters of International Taxation, Transfer Pricing, Export Promotion Schemes, and Power Trading Agreements.
Suman Sharma 1990 Batch Sworn in as UPSC Member: Key Points
- Ms. Sharma was given an “Award for the Best Search” while working in the Investigation Wing of the Income Tax Department.
- She dealt with export promotion schemes for all the exporters based in the northern zone as Additional Director General of Foreign Trade, CLA, New Delhi.
- Ms. Sharma has also attended Mid-Career Course on Budget Forecasting at Duke University, North Carolina, USA, and Management Courses in MDI, Gurugram, IIM, Bangalore, and IBFD, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Recently, Ms. Suman Sharma was posted as Managing Director, Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI). During her role as Managing Director, of SECI, the company witnessed significant growth in its revenue and profits.
- It also achieved the ‘Mini Ratna’ status during her tenure. Ms. Sharma has also been nominated as a Member/Chairperson of various Boards & Committees dealing with policy reforms.
- Jayakumar S. Pillai Appointed as Deputy Managing Director of IDBI Bank
- Dream11 Founder Harsh Jain Elected Chairperson of IAMAI, Indian Entrepreneurs Lead the Way