Sweden has ratified the framework agreement for the International Solar Alliance (ISA) and is now a member of the global platform, which is an initiative of India aimed at promoting renewable energy and sustainable development. Sweden hopes to bring its expertise and its experience in renewable energy and clean energy technologies to discussions in the ISA to contribute to meeting the challenges related to climate change.
In April 2018, Prime Minister Modi visited Stockholm during which both sides agreed to further deepen innovation partnership for a sustainable future. The ISA has been conceived as an action-oriented, member-driven, collaborative platform to increase the availability of solar energy technologies to enhance energy security and sustainable development.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- ISA Headquarters: Gurugram;
- ISA Founded: 30 November 2015;
- ISA Founded: Paris, France;
- ISA Director-General: Ajay Mathur;
- Stockholm is the capital of Sweden;
- The krona is the official currency of Sweden;
- The current PM of Sweden is Stefan Lofven.