A joint venture to produce high-speed passenger trains has been established by BF Infrastructure Ltd., a fully owned subsidiary of Bharat Forge Ltd., and Talgo India Pvt Ltd., a fully owned subsidiary of Spanish manufacturer Patentes Talgo S.L. The cooperation will take advantage of forthcoming local requirements in the field as well as new economic prospects in the railways sector.
- The Atmanirbhar Bharat programme of the Union government is anticipated to benefit from this collaboration. It will assist in bringing cutting-edge, high-speed rail technology and solutions.
- The planned partnership will concentrate on establishing a hub for production, maintenance, and life cycle support for the next generation of lightweight, energy-efficient high-speed trains made of aluminium.
- The project comes after the Indian Railways issued a tender for the production and upkeep of 100 new generation, lightweight, and energy-efficient trains.
Important takeaways For All Competitive Exams:
- Directors of Bf Infrastructure Limited: Sandeep Kapoor, Deepti Rajeev Puranik, and Venkata Krishna Mogalapalli
- Directors of Talgo India Private Limited: Subrat Kumar Nath and Jose Maria Oriol Fabra