Telangana’s Five Buildings and Structures Win International Green Apple Awards for Beautiful Buildings
In the Urban and Real Estate Sector category, Telangana has been awarded with the International Green Apple Awards for Beautiful Buildings. For the first time any building or structure in India has received these prestigious awards. The awards are presented annually by The Green Organization, an independent non-profit organisation based in London, to recognize and promote global environmental best practices.
The five selected buildings and structures from Telangana are as follows:
1. Mozzam-Jahi Market (Heritage category)
2. Durgam Cheruvu Cable Bridge (Bridge category)
3. B R Ambedkar Telangana State Secretariat Building falls under the aesthetically designed office and workspace category
4. Integrated Command Control Center of Telangana Police is a distinctive type of office.
5. Yadadri Temple (Excellent religious structures category)
Each of these buildings has been recognized for their unique attributes such as exceptional restoration and re-use, innovative engineering, well-thought-out design, advanced technology and devotion to detail. The Green Apple Awards play an important part in recognizing and promoting eco-friendly building and design methods.
About Green Organisation:
The Green Organisation, founded in London in 1994, is an independent non-profit organisation that focuses on recognizing, rewarding, and promoting environmental best practices globally. The green organisation has been organising the annual ‘Green Apple Awards’ since 2016, with the aim of recognizing and honouring environmentally responsible construction and design practices.