UAE Government Launches ‘Machines Can See 2023’ Summit:
The UAE government recently launched the ‘Machines Can See 2023’ Summit, an international conference on Artificial Intelligence (AI) held at the Museum of the Future in Dubai. The event was held in partnership between the Artificial Intelligence, Digital Economy, and Remote Work Applications Office and ‘Machines Can See’ company.
Aim of the Summit:
The main objective of the conference was to bring together experts from around the world to discuss the future of AI and its potential in contributing to the UAE’s vision of creating the next Silicon Valley. The summit aimed to explore the current advancements of AI, its applications, and its future in the UAE and the rest of the world.
The conference was attended by policymakers from the public sector, businesses, and academia. The summit featured presentations and panel discussions from various experts in the field of AI. One of the panel discussions was titled ‘Government, Business, and Science’ where the experts conversed about the future of AI in the UAE and its potential to become the next Silicon Valley.
Collaboration with Dubai’s Department of Economy and Tourism and Dubai Future Foundation:
The ‘Machines Can See 2023’ Summit was hosted in collaboration with Dubai’s Department of Economy and Tourism and Dubai Future Foundation. The partnership aimed to explore the possibilities of AI and its potential in transforming the visions of the UAE, solidifying its global status as a hub of advanced technologies, particularly in AI.
State-level AI Programme:
The UAE is the only country with a state-level AI programme, which is a testament to its commitment to supporting the progress of AI technology. The ‘Machines Can See 2023’ Summit is one of the many initiatives taken by the UAE government to promote AI and establish the country as a global leader in the field.
About UAE, key points:
The UAE, or the United Arab Emirates, is a federation of seven emirates located in the southeastern part of the Arabian Peninsula in Western Asia.
Here are some key points about the UAE:
- Geography: The UAE is bordered by Saudi Arabia to the west and south, Oman to the east, and the Persian Gulf to the north. The capital city is Abu Dhabi.
- Population: As of 2021, the population of the UAE is estimated to be around 10.5 million. The official language is Arabic, but English is also widely spoken.
The UAE is a federal presidential elected monarchy, which means that the country is ruled by a president who is elected by the members of the Federal National Council (FNC), which is a legislative body that is composed of representatives from each of the seven emirates.
- The current ruler of the UAE is Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who has been the President of the UAE since 2004. He is also the ruler of Abu Dhabi, which is the largest and wealthiest emirate in the country.
Sheikh Khalifa succeeded his father, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, who was the founder of the UAE and served as its first President from 1971 until his death in 2004. Sheikh Khalifa is widely respected for his leadership and his efforts to modernize and develop the UAE.
- India-UK Financial Markets Dialogue Explores Collaboration in Regulation and Sustainable Finance
- SCO Summit: India will host Summit in New Delhi on July 3-4