UMEED Market Place as part of the AVSAR Scheme of the Airport Authority of India launched by Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha at the Srinagar International Airport in Jammu and Kashmir. The Jammu Airport now has a marketplace that is comparable, and both locations will feature goods from all 20 districts, which is UMEED Market Place. The Lt. Governor previously unveiled a 20X20-foot LED video wall at the airport in Srinagar.
Buy Prime Test Series for all Banking, SSC, Insurance & other exams
Umeed Market Place: Highlights
- Governor Manoj Sinha stated that UMEED Market Place project will empower local artists and craftspeople of J&K Rural Livelihood Mission Self Help Groups by giving them a platform to sell their goods directly to consumers.
- That the goods produced by self-help groups would be exposed to the national market, help the local artisan community, and offer enough opportunities for product marketing in the UMEED Market Place.
- Manoj Sinha also spoke with the present Self Help Group participants and gave them his congratulations on the new marketplace (UMEED Market Place).
- The SHG members’ items will be promoted to a wider audience through the marketplaces at both airports, reaching a bigger population and making rural handicraft products accessible to travellers at affordable costs.
- The Lt. Governor previously unveiled a 20X20-foot LED video wall at the airport in Srinagar.
- On the LED Video Wall, the “Har Ghar Tiranga” theme honouring 75 years of Independence was played to start the official celebration.
Umeed Market Place: Functioning
- The stalls and counters that will be provided to them for 15 days on a rotating basis will help more than five lakh women each year.
- It would be a venue where travellers could place large orders and make special requests for business gifts.
Find More Miscellaneous News Here