The UMEED Scheme of Jammu and Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM) is providing help to the aspirations of rural women in the Union Territory, who aspire to become economically independent.
The Jammu and Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission aims to reduce poverty by building strong grass-root institutions for the poor in Jammu and Kashmir engaging them in gainful livelihood intervention and ensuring appreciable improvement in their income.
UMEED Scheme Transforming Future of Rural Women of J&K- Key Points
- UMEED helps hundreds of women in Jammu and Kashmir to come out of poverty and become a successful entrepreneur.
- UMEED is immensely helping women entrepreneurs to exhibit and market their products.
- Jammu Kashmir Rural Livelihoods Mission (JKRLM) is turning the wheel of transformation for J&K women to become progressive and self-employed entrepreneurs.
- The UMEED program under the JKRLM is a centrally sponsored scheme to encourage women to be self-dependent and self-sufficient.
- It also encourages women to make small savings so that their self-help groups (SHGs) eventually become bankable at reduced rate of interest.