UNICEF India and Facebook have launched a one-year joint initiative on ending violence against children with a special focus on online safety. The partnership seeks to create a safe environment for children online and offline. It aims to improve children’s resilience and capacity to access the digital world safely, increase awareness on violence against children and its impact on children, families, and communities, and increase the skills of communities and frontline workers to better prevent and respond to violence.
In this partnership:
The partnership includes a nationwide social media campaign and capacity building for 100,000 school children on online safety, digital literacy, and psychosocial support. Well-known actor and UNICEF India’s celebrity advocate on ending violence against children, Ayushmann Khurrana, gave his keynote message during the virtual event.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- UNICEF Headquarters: New York, United States of America;
- UNICEF Executive Director: Henrietta H. Fore;
- UNICEF Founded: 11 December 1946.
- Facebook Founded: February 2004;
- Facebook CEO: Mark Zuckerberg;
- Facebook Headquarters: California, United States.