The Union Cabinet, under the leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the establishment of an autonomous body named “Mera Yuva Bharat” (MY Bharat).
This body is designed to serve as a pivotal mechanism for youth development, with a strong emphasis on technology-driven solutions. MY Bharat aims to enable equitable access for young individuals to realize their aspirations and contribute to the holistic development of the nation across various government sectors. This initiative aligns with the National Youth Policy and targets individuals between the ages of 15-29, with a subset of programs catering to those aged 10-19.
Mera Yuva Bharat (MY Bharat) will be officially launched on 31st October, 2023, which coincides with National Unity Day.
Objectives and Impact
Leadership Development in the Youth
- Enhance leadership skills through experiential learning.
- Shift from isolated physical interactions to programmatic skill development.
- Invest in youth as social innovators and community leaders.
- Shift focus from passive beneficiaries to active contributors in the nation’s development.
Alignment with Youth Aspirations
- Improve alignment between the aspirations of young individuals and the needs of their communities.
- Foster a sense of purpose and responsibility among the youth.
Efficiency Through Program Convergence
- Promote program convergence by integrating existing initiatives.
- Create a one-stop destination for youth and government initiatives.
Centralized Youth Database
- Establish a centralized database for youth-related information and resources.
- Streamline access to various opportunities and services for young people.
Enhanced Communication and Engagement
- Improve two-way communication between youth and government agencies.
- Strengthen connections with other stakeholders involved in youth engagement.
- Create a “phygital” ecosystem, combining physical and digital elements.
- Empower young individuals to serve as catalysts for community transformation.
- Establish a network of “Yuva Setu” (Youth Bridge) agents connecting government and citizens.
The Need for Mera Yuva Bharat
Youth’s Pivotal Role in Nation-Building
- Recognize the crucial role that India’s youth will play in shaping the nation’s future.
- Especially important as India approaches 75 years of independence and envisions an “Amrit Bharat” by 2047.
Uniting Rural, Urban, and Rurban Youth
- Address the evolving dynamics of the urban-rural landscape.
- Create a framework that unites the youth from rural, urban, and rurban areas on a common platform.
Contemporary Technology-Led Engagement
- Adapt to the fast-paced, technology-driven world.
- Utilize digital tools and technologies to engage and empower today’s youth effectively.
Ensuring Accessibility Through a Phygitital Ecosystem
- Establish a phygital (physical and digital) ecosystem that connects and empowers young individuals.
- Encourage youth to participate in community transformation activities and engage with the government seamlessly.
Mera Yuva Bharat, supported by a robust technology platform, will significantly enhance the outreach efforts of the Department of Youth Affairs, allowing for more efficient engagement with the youth across the country.