Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh has inaugurated the Good Governance Week campaign themed “Prashasan Gaon Ki Aur” aimed at showcasing and replicating the best governance practices to the grassroots level. Good Governance Week is being celebrated on 20-25 December as part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebration.
During the week-long event, over 700 Districts Collectors will visit Tehsil and Panchayat Samiti Headquarters in order to provide timely grievance redressal and improve service delivery. It is being celebrated by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions in collaboration with various other ministries and departments.
During the campaign, the following events will be held:
- December 21st: Deliberation on “Good Governance Initiatives by Ministry of External Affairs”.
- December 22nd: Deliberations on “National Workshop on Next Phase of Reforms to reduce compliance burden and Integrated & effective Governance practices by DPIIT”.
- December 23rd: A workshop by the Department of Personnel & Training on the theme – “Mission Karmayogi-The Path Ahead”
- December 24th: Workshop by Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances on the theme- “Initiative for Increasing efficiency in Decision Making in Central Secretariat”.
- December 25th: “Good Governance Day” would be celebrated.