The Minister of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways, Sarbananda Sonowal, introduced the “Sagar Setu” mobile application for the National Logistics Portal Marine. The “Sagar Setu” mobile app by the Ministry of Ports, Shipping, and Waterways offers a login module, service catalogue, Letter of Credit, bank guarantee, certification, and track & trace features.
Significance of the ‘SAGAR-SETU’ mobile app:
It gives real-time information on vessel-related details, gate information, container freight stations, and transactions. The app also facilitates digital payments for charges associated with import and export clearance processes, such as shipping line charges, transportation fees, and container freight station charges.
Benfits of “Sagar Setu” Mobile Application
- The “Sagar Setu” mobile app aims to enhance convenience by reducing turnaround time for approvals and compliances.
- It also enhances visibility into operations and tracking, aiding in tracking records and transactions.
- Users can receive notifications for service requests through the app.
You may also read this:
- New species of Moray eel discovered off Cuddalore coast named after Tamil Nadu
- NGT slaps ₹10 crore penalty on Kerala government for failure to protect Ramsar sites