The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet, under the leadership of Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, has given the green light to several important proposals, highlighting the government’s commitment to education and youth empowerment.
Here are the key points from the recent cabinet meeting:
1. Atal Residential Schools: The cabinet has allocated a significant budget of Rs 1,250 crore for the establishment of 18 ‘Atal Residential Schools’ across all 18 divisions of Uttar Pradesh. These schools are modeled after the Navodaya Vidyalayas and aim to provide high-quality education. The schools will have a capacity of 1,000 students each, including 500 girls and 500 boys. The curriculum will span from classes six to twelve. Importantly, these schools will also cater to students whose education was disrupted due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The vision is for these schools to become centers of excellence in education.
2. Swami Vivekananda Youth Empowerment Scheme: Under this scheme, the government plans to distribute 25 lakh smartphones free of cost to students. This initiative aims to empower students with access to digital resources and connectivity, enabling them to enhance their learning experiences and stay updated with technological advancements.
3. Chief Minister’s Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme: A scheme benefiting 10 lakh individuals, the Chief Minister’s Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme, has been approved. Those participating in the scheme will receive a stipend of Rs 9,000 during their training period. This move emphasizes skill development and vocational training, aligning with the government’s efforts to equip the youth with employable skills.
4. Leasing of Dairy Plants: In an economic move, the cabinet has approved the leasing out of six dairy plants owned by the Pradesh Cooperative Dairy Federation. These plants, situated in Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Noida, Prayagraj, Azamgarh, and Moradabad, will be leased for a duration of 10 years. This decision is likely aimed at optimizing resource allocation and efficiency in the dairy sector.
5. Biodiesel Production and Marketing Regulations: The cabinet has also approved regulations pertaining to biodiesel production and marketing. While specific details regarding these regulations are not provided in the text, it can be inferred that the government is taking steps to promote environmentally friendly and sustainable practices in the energy sector.