The National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) has partnered with the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, the French Development Agency (AFD), and the European Union to organize the first-ever Urban Climate Film Festival as part of the CITIIS program under U20 engagement events. The festival will feature a carefully selected collection of 11 films from 9 countries to increase public awareness of the effects of climate change on urban life and encourage discussion on sustainable urban development.
On the 24th of March 2023, the M.L. Bhartia Auditorium at Alliance Française in Lodhi Estate, New Delhi, will host the inauguration of the Urban Climate Film Festival.
Objectives of the Urban Climate Film Festival:
- The Urban Climate Film Festival aims to utilize the influential platform of cinema to raise awareness among viewers regarding the consequences of climate change on urban communities, including the environmental, social, and economic impacts.
- The festival also seeks to initiate discussions about constructing cities that can withstand climate change and elicit suggestions from the general public.
- Furthermore, the festival endeavors to motivate citizens to adopt environmentally responsible actions aligned with the U20 Priority Areas and the Hon. Prime Minister’s appeal through the LiFE Mission.
More about the Urban Climate Film Festival:
- Shri Amitabh Kant, G20 Sherpa, will preside over the opening session of the festival.
- Inaugural speeches at the festival will be delivered by the Ambassadors of France and the European Union to India.
About the National Institute of Urban Affairs:
As a national think-tank, the National Institute of Urban Affairs operates as a Central Autonomous Body functioning under the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs. The institute is committed to pioneering innovative, multi-disciplinary research, facilitating knowledge exchange and capacity development, engaging in policy planning and advocacy, and promoting sustainable urban development. Furthermore, the institute also serves as the technical secretariat for U20, the urban engagement group of G20.
About the CITIIS Program:
CITIIS (City Investments to Innovate, Integrate, and Sustain) is a collaborative initiative between the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, the French Development Agency (AFD), the European Union (EU), and NIUA. The program aims to aid 12 Smart Cities in India with the implementation of urban infrastructure projects that are driven by innovation and sustainability. Several projects supported by CITIIS contain features designed to benefit the environment, enhance air and water quality, preserve indigenous flora and fauna, and encourage urban biodiversity.
You may also read this:
- GoI Unveils Rs 1,18,500 Crore Budget For Jammu And Kashmir
- Sampanna Ramesh sets record as fastest Indian to swim across Palk Strait