Uttarakhand Chief Minister, Trivendra Singh Rawat has launched the “Mukhya Mantri Saur Swarojgar Yojana” at the Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Auditorium in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. The scheme is aimed at promoting self-employment of the youth and promoting the production of Green Energy. The targeted beneficiaries include youths and migrant workers, who returned home after leaving jobs in various parts of the country due to pandemic.
Under the scheme:
- 10, 000 Youths and Migrants will get self-employment in the Green Energy Sector.
- The targeted beneficiaries will be allocated Solar Plants of 25 Kilowatts (KW) each.
- 1.5-2 nalis (Land Measurement Unit) of Land and INR 10 Lakh at the rate of INR 40,000 per unit are required to set up each plant.
- The plants will generate 38,000 Units of Electricity per annum which will be bought by Uttarakhand Power Corporation Limited for 25 years.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Governor of Uttarakhand: Baby Rani Maurya.
- Rivers: Ganga River, Yamuna River, Saryu River, Bhagirathi River, Gaula River, Kali River.